MODO For The People
501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
Founded on the belief that everyone should have access to competent medical care, regardless of income, MODO For The People, an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization was established on April 22, 2022, with a dedicated mission: to bring free or low-cost medical care to the underserved population on Maui. Rooted in this vision, our initiative “MODO Mondays – Medicine to the People” was conceived. Our mobile urgent care units venture into underserved neighborhoods, offering quality medical aid and prescription medications at no cost, in an attempt to alleviate the strain on our healthcare infrastructure.
With the recent Lahaina wildfires causing devastation across Maui, our Disaster Relief Medical Team, consisting of board-certified physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and passionate volunteers, has been activated. MODO For The People has stepped forward by extending no-cost medical aid to everyone impacted by this catastrophe.
- MODO For The People and MODO MD are two distinct entities with separate financial operations.
- Thus far, all medical supplies, medical personnel, and medical units provided for this disaster relief have been generously contributed by MODO MD.
- Every dollar raised through this organization goes directly to relief efforts and is not for profit. We are committed to absolute transparency.
Our Current Relief Operations
- Free Medical Care: Led by Dr. Reza Danesh “Dr. Rez” our team provides treatment for burns, smoke inhalation, trauma, injuries, and any other acute or chronic medical issue.
- MODO MD has offered the use of their location at MODO Urgent Care Medical Concierge Wellness Center in Wailea for walk-in medical visits 8 AM to 10 PM, 7 days a week including all major holidays.
- Telemedicine services to triage patients, answer questions, order medications, lab, and x -rays.
- Private house calls can be also scheduled for people in need upon staff availability
- Shelter Support: We are actively involved in shelters, addressing immediate medical needs and supporting those who’ve lost their homes.
- Presence in Lahaina: Since day one we have been present ensuring that help is on hand for the survivors dealing with the aftermath. Our team is working to coordinate pick-ups, drop-offs, and distribution of supplies. In addition, we are providing medical care and essential prescription medications to those in need.
- Supply Distribution: From water and food to clothing and essentials, our commitment is to ensure families get back on their feet.
Your contribution will help to facilitate and carry out the mission of MODO For The People, disaster relief, and provide care and comfort to those in need.